Over the years clients have asked me, "Do I have a claim?". In order to determine that, I use a three part test. The first part: Is there a duty of care? The duty of care on the other driver is to drive without doing anything negligent. If somebody rearends you, there is a breach of that duty. That's the second part.
The third part is, are there damages that flow as a result of the breach? If you've been injured then you've satisfied that part of the test and you have a claim.
The most common injuries are soft tissue injuries and insurance companies pay out more money for soft tissue injuries than all other injuries combined. So it's not uncommon that after a motor vehicle accident, you will not appreciate the nature of your injuries. So it's important that you see your doctor and call me at Cascade Law Corporation.